Benedict Cumberbatch Talks STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS, Physical Training, His STAR TREK Fandom, and Challenges of Making a Huge Film
Star Trek Into Darkness opens in a month! Aren’t we all excited? Benedict Cumberbatch did an interview where he spoke about the obstacles of making a “huge, huge, huge film”, the exercise, if he supported Star Trek on his own time, how he feels being the freshman of the cast, and much more.
Star Trek Into Darkness stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Peter Weller, and Alice Eve. The film opens in IMAX 3D on May 15th and in 2D and 3D on May 17th.
- How he feels as a new addition to the cast for the sequel
- 0:50 – He says he followed up on Star Trek but he wasn’t a dedicated fan. He likes the morality play aspect of the early episodes.
- 1:40 – Says there were “countless examples” of real-life terrorism that were in his mind as he got into the head of the character. He worked more on physical training for the fight scenes than character research.
- 3:15 – Cumberbatch believes in the franchise and appreciates what Abrams has done with the series.
- 3:50 – Talks about the challenges of making a “huge, huge, huge film.”
You can check out the interview here: http://collider.com/benedict-cumberbatch-star-trek-interview/