Joseph Kosinski Talks OBLIVION, Using the New Sony F-65 Camera That Shoots in 8K, IMAX, Filming in Iceland, and Future Projects
Joeseph Kosinski’S Oblivion, starring Tom Cruise opens tomorrow! This film is target at adults and is a sci-fi film. The trailers may seem like it gave away the movie but there’s yet to find out. It gets weirder than the I am Legend style one sheet implies.
Koinski talks about his film in an interview. He discussed the challenges of making an original idea and tranforming it into a major film, designing the film for IMAX, and shooting in 8k resolution on the new Sony CineAlta F65 camera and more.
- He couldn’t let go of some sequels and remakes but someone he was able to make a big budget. He also spoke about how this was originally going to be his first film.
- Oblivion is based on a comic/graphic novel.
- Talks about how they used the brand new Sony F-65 camera to shoot Oblivion which helps make it look great in IMAX. It’s an 8k sensor and it outputs at 4k
- Talks about how he framed for both IMAX and regular movie screens
- They shot in Iceland. How many places did they look at before they found where he wanted to film
- Film feels like it represents this moment in time with drone warfare and insurgency
- Talks about how he’s developing a few projects for his next film including Tron 3, Black Hole, and some non-science fiction projects